[R-sig-ME] lme for data that is not normally distributed

moses selebatso selebatsom at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 21:58:23 CEST 2016

Thank you both Paul and Alain for your help. You both point out that I shouldn't test for normality before running a model. I appreciate that. Paul I have tried you new scripts and, I guess you were right about experience in visually assessing for normality. Not straight forward. Below is the plot, for your appreciation.
library(lme4)
install.packages("devtools")
library(devtools)
devtools::install_github("pcdjohnson/GLMMmisc")
library(GLMMmisc)
data<-read.csv("clipboard",sep="\t")
m <- lmer(Distance ~ Time + (1 | ID), data = data)
sim.residplot(m)
Regards,
Moses SELEBATSO Home:    (+267) 318 5219 (H)  Mobile:  (+267) 716 39370  or  (+267) 738 39370"Those who will ALWAYS agree with you may be oppressed by you"