[R-sig-ME] Fwd: Multinomial response variable

Célia Sofia Moreira celiasofiamoreira at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 23:18:31 CEST 2016

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the lme4 R package. It is really, really useful!

I have a problem concerning this package. I want to study the following
model given by the formula:
'y ~ time + (1| id)',
where 'y', 'time', and 'id' are factors, nominal but non ordered, with 4, 2
and 60 levels, respectively.

Thus, to perform the model using lme4, I would need 'family=multinomial'.
However, for the best of my knowledge, this family is not available in
lme4. Can you please suggest me an alternative option to conduct this
study? Do you plan to extend lme4 to this family in a near future?

Kind regards,
  celia