[R-sig-ME] Question regarding MCMCglmm model structure for correlated responses

Jannik Vindeløv jannik at vindelov.dk
Wed Jul 20 07:57:29 CEST 2016

Dear Jarrod,

You have shown me how to estimate the variance and covariance of NFS to the other responses.
I would also like to do a posterior predictive check of this NFS, i.e. calculate the 95% confidence and prediction credible intervals for NFS and compare this to the actual measurements (per culture).

Is it possible to calculate posterior credible intervals if NFS is not included in the model e.g. from the MCMC chains? (MCMCglmm throws an error if NFS is included in th MCMCglmm call: "ill-conditioned G/R structure »)

I was thinking, if for each culture, I could calculate NFS = 100 - Moi - Fat at each step in the posterior prediction chains, I would arrive at the posterior predictive chain for NFS...

Is it possible for the predict method, as it is, to return the posterior prediction chains instead of the summaries (e.g. mean, lwr, upr) for a given culture? Or is it easy to do this by « hand"?

Thank you for your support and thank you for making and maintaining such a great package…

/Jannik