[R-sig-ME] Help concerning GLMM estimation needed

Isaac Adeniyi aizick.adeniyi89 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:14:56 CEST 2016

Dear all,

Good day all. I have used lme4 quite a lot and i must say that it is a
wonderful work.
I would like to use glmer with other distributions like the
generalized poisson and com-poisson distribution. I am having hard
time understanding how to approximate the logliklihood  and expressing
the mathematics involved. I would love you to point me in a direction
that will be helpful. Materials such as links to websites, papers and
textbooks will be helpful. Also,can you give some hints on how I can
modify the glmer codes to make it work for these distributions. Thanks
a lot for the help.