[R-sig-ME] Overdispersion and R2 in GLMM

Teresa Oliveira mteresaoliveira92 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 21:29:17 CEST 2016

1) A RSF is any function proportional to the probability of selection of
habitat, so it is used to examine habitat selection. The coefficients with
a random intercept for individual (to account for, for instance,
differences in behaviour) will provide coefficients for each resource
variable included with which it is possible to evaluate selection or
avoidance of each variable.

2) I am using glmer() function in "lme4" package. Generalized linear mixed
model fit by maximum likelihood (Laplace Approximation) ['glmerMod'];
Family: binomial ( logit ).

3) Which values (a) are you referring to?
How do I know if ratio value is normal?

4) Yes, I am doing some preliminary analyses to my data and I was trying
different random factors, some of them nested, and those different values
only appear using nested random factors, so I guess I am not using the
right ones!