[R-sig-ME] Convergence warning message

Jackie Wood jackiewood7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:24:15 CET 2016

Hi Chris,

Try checking ?convergence....coincidentally, I was having a similar problem
just yesterday. There are some step by step
instructions for trouble shooting/double checking convergence warnings. For
example, a bit of example code is provided to run your model using a number
of different optimizers. If all optimizers yield similar values, it's
possible that you could be getting false convergence warnings. I'm not sure
if that's the case with your data, but it might be a place to start!

Jacquelyn