[R-sig-ME] confint.merMod, bootstrap and weights

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:57:22 CET 2016

   In general profile confidence intervals (the default method for
confidence intervals) are a good intermediate between Wald intervals and
bootstrap intervals, in both computational cost and accuracy.  If you
can decide how you want weights to be used, you might be able to use
assignInNamespace() to hack lme4:::simfunList$poisson, which is
currently defined as

function (object, nsim, ftd = fitted(object), wts = weights(object))
{
     wts <- weights(object)
     if (any(wts != 1))
         warning("ignoring prior weights")