[R-sig-ME] lmer vs. nlme

Ashley Cohen ashleyhcohen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:48:05 CET 2016

Hi All,

Unfortunately, as this data isn't published yet I can't give you the output
results.

However, the models are structured as follows:

model1 <- lmer(outcome ~ group + visit + group *visit + (1 | id), data =
data)
model2<- lme(outcome ~group + visit + group *visit ,
data=data,random=~1|id, na.action = na.exclude, correlation = corCompSymm())

The random effects components are identical in each:

Random effects:

Groups   Name        Variance Std.Dev.

id       (Intercept) 1.280    1.131

 Residual             1.271    1.127