[R-sig-ME] glmmADMB

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue Nov 17 11:53:00 CET 2015

Dear Veronique,

Have a look at http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq and look for "Should I treat
factor xxx as fixed or random?"

I agree that village is a random effect from a theoretical point of view.
That would help you much if the model won't fit because of the low number
of levels. Omitting village from the model is probably the safest work
around. I expect minimal influence on the fixed effects parameters. The
random effects of animals will be probably large to capture the village
effects.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest