[R-sig-ME] Linear mixed model - heterogeneity

Paul Buerkner paul.buerkner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:56:41 CET 2015

You may also try the brms package, which has a hurdle_gamma family that
might be helpful to you.

A sample hurdle_gamma model (using the epilepsy data of brms) may look like
this:

fit <- brm(count ~ 0 + trait * (log_Age_c + log_Base4_c * Trt_c)
            + (0+trait||patient),
            data = epilepsy, family = hurdle_gamma("log"))

The reserved variable "trait" has to levels, one for the gamma part and one
for the bernoulli part modeling zeros.

Currently, hurdle_gamma models are only available in the github version of
brms to be installed via

library(devtools)
install_github("paul-buerkner/brms")

Since brms is based on Stan, you will need a C++ compiler. Instructions on
how to get one are presented at the end of the README on
https://github.com/paul-buerkner/brms.