[R-sig-ME] LMM diagnostics: conditional residuals correlated highly with fitted values

Yizhou Ma maxxx848 at umn.edu
Wed Oct 7 17:09:07 CEST 2015

Hi Thierry,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the HTML thing. Below is my
summary(model) output.

Y, Drink, and Age are continuous variables
Gender is F & M.
Family_ID is a factor.

Linear mixed model fit by maximum likelihood  ['lmerMod']
Formula: Y ~ Drink * Gender + Age + (1 | Family_ID)
   Data: data

     AIC      BIC   logLik deviance df.resid
  1046.4   1074.0   -516.2   1032.4      372

Scaled residuals:
     Min       1Q   Median       3Q      Max
-2.67228 -0.56085 -0.02968  0.66166  2.91452

Random effects:
 Groups    Name        Variance Std.Dev.
 Family_ID (Intercept) 0.3550   0.5958
 Residual                    0.6162   0.7850
Number of obs: 379, groups:  Family_ID, 189

Fixed effects:
                          Estimate Std. Error t value
(Intercept)          1.10309    0.43921   2.511
Drink                  0.16425    0.08031   2.045
Gender.M          -0.19364    0.10874  -1.781
Age                    -0.03377    0.01489  -2.268
Drink:Gender.M -0.13647    0.10681  -1.278

Correlation of Fixed Effects:
                (Intr)     Drnk   Gndr.M  Age
Drink        -0.098
Gender.M -0.040 -0.249