[R-sig-ME] using a continuous-valued variable as fixed effect

Alex Fine abfine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:58:55 CEST 2015

Hi Francesco,

Yes, MEMs can accommodate continuous-valued predictors, just like in
classical regression (GLMs).  It's also possible and very common to model
interactions between continuous and categorical predictors.  Their
interpretation is also essentially the same as in GLMs.  I'd recommend
Gelman and Hill (2007), Chapters 11-13 for a nice introduction.

hth,
Alex