[R-sig-ME] testing random slopes in three-level models & error message

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue Sep 15 17:37:28 CEST 2015

Dear Charlotte,

The error message seems to be quite clear: you're model is too complex
for your dataset. So either simplify to model or get more data.

Best regards,
ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data. ~ John Tukey