[R-sig-ME] residuals in logistic regression model

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue Sep 15 17:21:57 CEST 2015

Dear Martin,

You need to do some reading on residuals in the context of a
generalised linear model. There are not the same as those of a linear
model. Have a look at the formula of a glm. There is no residual terms
like there is one with a linear model.

Note that there are different ways to calculate residuals on a glm.
See ?residuals.glm

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature
and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body
of data. ~ John Tukey