[R-sig-ME] problems with glmmadmb

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:29:46 CEST 2015

No, not really.

* Gamma models are generally less well-tested.  There might be
something wrong with the residuals calculation; I can take a look
(more likely to look if you send a reproducible example).
* As detailed in ?convergence in the lme4 documentation, the
convergence tests give a lot of false positives.  If the estimated
coefficients & log-likelihoods match between glmmadmb and glmer I
think it's OK to trust them.