[R-sig-ME] glmm question

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 22:13:57 CEST 2015

On 15-09-02 02:45 PM, Joaquín Aldabe wrote:
> Hello, I sent this message but not sure if you received. I really
> appreciate any comment. Thanks a lot, Joaquín.

  You should generally be subscribed to the list if you're going to
post there, but you might have your options set so that you don't
receive copies of mail you sent.  You can also check the archives at

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/

or the Gmane interface to the mailing list at

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.lme4.devel

(I prefer the latter, but there is sometimes a slight delay).  There's
also a Nabble interface, but it tends to send things to the list in a
slightly obnoxious way, so I would avoid it.

   If you know that your message got through (by looking in one of the
places above) but no-one seems to answering, you can (1) send a
follow-up after a few days politely asking for more attention; (2) try
to figure out why your question didn't get answered.  It might (a)
have slipped through the cracks (in which case go to #1), or it might
be too general, or too vague, or too hard, for people to answer.  It
never hurts to try to make your question narrower, or more precise, or
explain the context better, or provide a reproducible example
<http://tinyurl.com/reproducible-000> (I see that you did include data
and scripts, but these sometimes get stripped by the mailing list.
Also, people are more likely to respond to a *minimal* example, e.g. a
message that says "there's something wrong in these 5 lines of code"
rather than "my script is attached, please see my questions therein".)
 (Asking good questions is hard; so is finding the time to answer them.)

  Ben Bolker