[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm : Bivariate model and prior

Grégory DANIEL daniel.gregory3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 20:01:54 CEST 2015

Dear MCMCglmm users,

Few weeks ago, I asked a question concerning some issues that I have to
parametrize a bivariate model in MCMCglmm. So I'm sorry to ask again.
But I want to be sure that I had no response because no one says or
because it's impossible, and not because of an simple oversight, a field
work or a vacation. ^^

I wish to run a bivariate model with MCMCglmm package. But one response
variable is a continuous one (family = gaussian) and the other is a
binary one (family = ordinal). I have sought a way to parameterize
properly the priors (in the archives of this list too), I tried some
solutions that I thought, but in vain. I think I have to fix to 1 the
residual variance for the binary variable and leave it free for the
continuous variable.
Is it possible in MCMCglmm ? And if yes : how do I parameterize the
priors for the residual variance ?

I'll very grateful if someone could answer me.

Grégory DANIEL
PhD Student - LBBE
University of Lyon 1
69100 Villeurbanne - FRANCE