[R-sig-ME] estimating AR1 parameters of level one error using lme

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Tue May 19 11:05:48 CEST 2015

Dear Asher,

I would focus on the mathematical expressions used for both the R and SPSS
models. Then it should be straightforward to see if both models fit the
same thing. And if so which parameters have the same interpretation.

You can find the expressions for nlme in Pinheiro and Bates (2000). I can't
help you with the SPSS part.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest