[R-sig-ME] lmer(): Higher weight in case of more measurements

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:25:26 CEST 2015

  It really depends what you mean by "weight clusters which have more
measurements slightly higher".  Without any more detail about your
intended statistical model I would *guess* that the model you specify
below would be appropriate, but it's really hard to tell with this
level of detail.  Can you point e.g. to a paper that uses similar
techniques and specifies the  model it is using explicitly?