[R-sig-ME] heterogeneous variance models

Aaron Mackey ajmackey at gmail.com
Mon May 11 15:50:12 CEST 2015

Thanks for this. What's confusing to me in the example is that the residual
std. dev is still 1.3100 whether the dummy term is included or not; I would
have thought that the residual sd without the dummy term would be
intermediate between the two sex-specific sd's seen in the full model
(reported as 1.0521 and 1.311).  The reported residuals also don't seem to
change between the two models.

thanks for any clarification you can provide,
-Aaron