[R-sig-ME] mixed effect models where time ordering is important

Emmanuel Curis emmanuel.curis at parisdescartes.fr
Wed Apr 22 13:42:21 CEST 2015

I'm confused by the second model, the LogDose = 0 if control seems
strange to me. How does it distinguish, in the intercept term, the
intercept is monotonic with dose, wouldn't be an annoyance to have the
« dose = 0 » just somewhere between other points, depending on the
exact doses used (and the log basis and the unit used...)?