[R-sig-ME] lme4, failure to converge with a range of optimisers, trust the fitted model anyway?

Ken Beath ken.beath at mq.edu.au
Sun Apr 5 14:30:21 CEST 2015

OK then, the way you were doing it is OK.

On 5 April 2015 at 21:58, Hans Ekbrand <hans.ekbrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> effects have
> nested

> > > The  random effect then needs to be included as (1|country/clusterID)
> >
> > Well, no, cluster is implictly nested in country, just as sample is
> > implicitly nested in batch in the Pastes data (see p 39-40 in
> > http://lme4.r-forge.r-project.org/book/Ch2.pdf)
>
> Sorry if this was unclear, but the ClusterID variable was created in a
> similar way that Bates creates the sample variable on page 40 in that
> text. [ English is not my native language ]

*Ken Beath*
Lecturer
Statistics Department
MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY NSW 2109, Australia

Phone: +61 (0)2 9850 8516

Building E4A, room 526
http://stat.mq.edu.au/our_staff/staff_-_alphabetical/staff/beath,_ken/

CRICOS Provider No 00002J
This message is intended for the addressee named and may...{{dropped:9}}