[R-sig-ME] lme4, failure to converge with a range of optimisers, trust the fitted model anyway?

Ben Pelzer b.pelzer at maw.ru.nl
Sun Apr 5 11:33:26 CEST 2015

Dear Hans,

You could try Ben's suggestion for nAGQ = 5 in Stata. I believe that the
routine"s "xtlogit" and "xtmelogit"  (in Stata 13 they are named
differently, I don't remember the names right now)  are able do work
with nested random effects and more than 1 quadr. point. These routines
are however pretty time-consuming, may be even more so than glmer. Best
regards,

Ben.