[R-sig-ME] how to extract the scale parameter for a Gamma distribution from a fitted glmer()

Tomas Easdale EasdaleT at landcareresearch.co.nz
Mon Mar 30 07:25:30 CEST 2015

Greetings

I have a glmer() model fitted with Gamma family and identity link which appears to be behaving nicely. I may be missing something obvious but have checked the documentation and cannot find a way of extracting the estimated scale (or shape) parameter for the Gamma distribution from the fitted model. Any tips much appreciated.

Tomás Easdale
Landcare Research, Lincoln, NZ