[R-sig-ME] lmer with binomial distribution of random effects

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Mon Mar 9 12:58:14 CET 2015

Dear Siham,

Please keep the mailing list in cc.

I assume that customer is the grouping factor. Note that you not only need
enough different grouping factor, you also need enough data for each
individual grouping factor. Given that you want a random intercept and two
slopes, then you need to fit a 3 x 3 covariance matrix. That needs 6
parameters. You won't get a stable fit, unless a decent number of customers
have a lot of transactions.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest