[R-sig-ME] estimating variance components for arbitrarily defined var/covar matrices

Anthony Ives arives at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 26 21:46:39 CET 2015

Steve,

Just a quick follow-up. Even though your work (and communityPGLMM) does not allow transformations in the covariance matrices themselves (like the OU), it does in effect perform Pagel’s lambda in the form sigma2*V + I ~= lambda*V + (1-lambda)*I.

Cheers, Tony

Anthony Ives
Department of Zoology
459 Birge Hall (4th floor, E end of bldg)
UW-Madison
Madison, WI 53706
608-262-1519