[R-sig-ME] Variance components analysis using a GLMM, how to insert a variance-covariance matrix in the model ?

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Wed Jan 28 11:17:13 CET 2015

Dear Celia,

Do you have just one phi per year? Note that you need multiple observations per random effect level to fit a mixed model.

How do you want to incorporate Rcov into the model. Writing the model as a mathematical expression would clarify things.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Kliniekstraat 25
1070 Anderlecht
Belgium
+ 32 2 525 02 51
+ 32 54 43 61 85
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey