[R-sig-ME] c++ exception with logistic glmer

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Thu Jan 8 06:32:16 CET 2015

On Tue, 6 Jan 2015, Cole, Tim wrote:

> I'm returning to a thread I started a year ago. My logistic glmer model
[...]B
> and Jonathan French and Ben suggested an alternative time-to-event
> analysis instead of the logistic.

As now described, your problem is clearly interval censored time-to-event,
and your logistic model is just not the right approach - bone maturity is
an irreversible state (consider what happens to your age regression
coefficient if you add in more ages before or after maturity).  Either do
the survival analysis, which gives you the median age at maturity, or fit
a (nonlinear) growth model to maturity score.