[R-sig-ME] Fixing phylogenetic heritability in MCMCglmm

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Fri Dec 26 07:12:39 CET 2014

Hi Manabu,

In the CRAN version it is not possible, but I have a version I can
share that allows you to do this using a reduced mixed model
parameterisation. What distribution is the response?

Cheers,

Jarrod

Quoting Manabu Sakamoto <manabu.sakamoto at gmail.com> on Tue, 16 Dec
2014 21:48:44 +0000:

> Dear list,
>
> Does anyone know how to fix the heritability of the phylogenetic random
> effect in MCMCglmm in a way that is the equivalent to fixing the
> phylogenetic signal lambda to 1?
>
> I want all the variance attributed to phylogeny to remain fixed and
> unaffected by additional random effects, i.e., I want the additional random
> effects to work on the residual variance once phylogeny is accounted for.
>
> many thanks,
> Manabu
>
> --
> Manabu Sakamoto, PhD
> manabu.sakamoto at gmail.com
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.