[R-sig-ME] GLMM's with quadrature

Boylan, Ross Ross.Boylan at ucsf.edu
Wed Dec 10 00:21:41 CET 2014

I am interested in evaluating mixed models with
* non-normal errors (binary and count outcomes)
* random slopes and intercepts, possibly correlated (slopes and intercepts are over the same clusters)
* quadrature

The documentation for lme4 indicates no restrictions on combining these that I see, though I think in the past there were.  So, can I freely combine all 3 of the dimensions listed above?  Is there some other package worth considering?

There will also be some conventional LMM's.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan

P.S. What's up with the FAQ?  The old one seems to have gone, though there is something identified as a draft at http://glmm.wikidot.com/faq.