[R-sig-ME] Estimating/fixing covariances in multi-response model with several zero-inflated variables?

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 23:10:53 CET 2014

Hi Adrian,

The fix argument only takes an integer which fixes the submatrix
indexed by [fix:n,fix:n]. The latest version also allows the submatrix
to be constrained to be a correlation matrix, with the correlations
estimated, if a "cors" variance structure is used (this is currently
undocumented).

The latter would be most appropriate for your analysis, but for
multiparamater distributions like the zero-inflated Poisson it is not
possible to set up the model directly so all the zi parts are in the
sub-matrix. Its a bit annoying because it should be easy to implement,
but because of the way I wrote the C-code its actually quite hard.
Sorry.

Jarrod

Quoting "ONKELINX, Thierry" <Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be> on Mon, 1 Dec
2014 08:29:28 +0000:

> Dear Adrian,
>
> Have a look at the BradleyTerry2 package. Bradley Terry models are
> designed the handle data where several individuals/teams 'compete'
> with each other.
>
> Best regards,
>

> ir. Thierry Onkelinx
> Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for
> Nature and Forest
> team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
> Kliniekstraat 25
> 1070 Anderlecht
> Belgium
> + 32 2 525 02 51
> + 32 54 43 61 85
> Thierry.Onkelinx at inbo.be
> www.inbo.be
> To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no
> more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be
> able to say what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
> The plural of anecdote is not data. ~ Roger Brinner
> The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does
> not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given
> body of data. ~ John Tukey

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.