[R-sig-ME] Crossed and nested factors in experimental designs: Are there any flowcharts for decision making?

Jaime Ashander jashander at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 14 17:09:36 CET 2014

It's not a stand-alone resource, but Schielzeth and Nakagawa (2013) walks
through nested vs crossed. The paper has some nice graphics illustrating
the designs, and tables breaking down what is estimated in each, but no
example R code.

H Schielzeth, S Nakagawa (2013)  *Nested by design:model fitting and
interpretation in a mixed model era* *Methods in Ecology and Evolution*
 4:14-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.2041-210x.2012.00251.x

- Jaime