[R-sig-ME] MCMC fitting in glmmADMB

- - maren.rebke at avitec-research.de
Wed Oct 22 00:23:07 CEST 2014

I received some feedback that made me aware that I didn’t explain my problem
correctly in my original request due to translation issues. Sorry for that. It
is the RAM and not the hard drive space that is reaching its capacity. After
running the MCMC chain for 24 hours (approximately 2000 iterations for the model
of my own data) the allocated memory is already about 6 GB.

Therefore I am wondering if there is a way to reduce the used memory during the
calculation of the model, as I don’t need all the information in the output at
the end. Or can I divide the MCMC chain in smaller parts and define the end
values from the part before as starting values for each subsequent part?

Best wishes,
Maren