[R-sig-ME] comparing posterior means

Ben Pelzer b.pelzer at maw.ru.nl
Wed Oct 15 21:05:16 CEST 2014

Dear Douglas, Harold and Emmanuel,

The rather technical discussion is difficult to follow for me and I
still feel unsure about what the right answer is to my question. To test
the difference between the two posterior means, does it make sense to
test for the difference of the two random effects , u0A-u0B, and use the
(co)variances of both to test H0: u0A - u0B = 0? Or should the variance
of the fixed effect b0 also be taken into account (which I now believe
is not needed)? Please help me. Humble regards,

Ben.