[R-sig-ME] Problem with bootMer and models with offset

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:05:52 CEST 2014

Martin Hecht <martin.hecht at ...> writes:

> Am 14.10.2014 10:30, schrieb Martin Hecht:

  OK, I think I see the problem here.  bootMer is able to handle
offsets correctly when they're written in the form

    y ~ x + (1|f) + offset(offset_term)

rather than

    y ~ x + (1|f) , offset=offset_term

(I so rarely use the second form that I forgot to check it -- I think
this is just a hole in bootMer).

  Can you see if that fixes your problem?

  Meanwhile, I will add a Github issue.