[R-sig-ME] lme4 heteroscedasticity???

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 13 17:12:44 CEST 2014

It is best to send questions like this to the
R-SIG-Mixed-Models at R-Project.org mailing list, which I am cc:ing on this
reply.  Several of those who read that list can respond more quickly than I
am able to.

As far as I know there is not yet the capability in lme4 to model
heteroscedasticity in the distribution of the response given the random
effects.