[R-sig-ME] lmer option nAGQ=0

Ben Pelzer b.pelzer at maw.ru.nl
Fri Mar 21 16:14:55 CET 2014

Hi Ben,

The pdf file of lme4 speaks of "the penalized iteratively reweighted
least squares step" and I was so naive as to think thought this would be
the same as PQL. Of course, if this would have been so, it would have
been explicitly mentioned there.

Though I don't know what "conditional modes" are (and when these could
be useful) it's good to know that it's NOT the same as pql! Sorry for
the confusion, and thanks for solving this,

Ben.