[R-sig-ME] Pedigreemm on lme4-1.0

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 23:29:45 CET 2014

On 14-02-14 12:22 PM, Joehanes, Roby (NIH/NHLBI) [F] wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Just wondering if there is any people working on pedigreemm so that
> it can run on the new lme4 version 1.0? In current version of lme4
> 1.0, pedigreemm is broken. May I know the latest status on
> pedigreemm?
>
> Thanks, Roby

  I'm a little surprised, because the current CRAN page suggests it's
OK: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pedigreemm/index.html -- this
page wouldn't exist, I think, if the package didn't at least pass its
checks with the new version of lme4 (and it says that it requires lme4
>= 1.0).
   Perhaps you could provide a little more information for those of us
who don't use pedigreemm on a regular basis -- does it fail to install?
 Installs but doesn't pass checks/examples fail?  Examples run but give
incorrect answers?  Some particular cases don't work?
   Posting here seems perfectly reasonable, but I would also suggest
contacting the maintainer (listed at the URL above) as well.  If that
maintainer is unwilling or unable to fix whatever's broken, then
presumably someone else will have to step forward to act as maintainer ...

  I'm willing to help fix what's broken, in particular on the
lme4-interface end, but would need to get *specific* examples of what's
not working ...

  Ben Bolker