[R-sig-ME] new version of lme4 - Log-Likelihood of model returned as "-Inf"

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 01:26:54 CET 2014

  Actually, it got stripped by the mailing list software.  Can you post
it somewhere?  (You can also e-mail it to me.)  (Maybe it got censored
because your data frame is called "shits", which I assume is pronounced
"ess-hits" unless these are data on scat samples :-) ?)

 Perhaps you have the Poisson analogue of complete separation, i.e. a
combination of factor levels within which all the responses are zero?
If so, the bglmer function from the blme package might be helpful ...