[R-sig-ME] R-sig-mixed-models Digest, Vol 85, Issue 6

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:07:28 CET 2014

On 14-01-08 05:13 AM, Cole, Tim wrote:
> Well spotted! This, it turns out, explains the fitting problems. I feel
> a bit foolish not noticing it myself.
>
> I'm not sure if [gn]lmer should flag or ban duplicate measurements, as
> in principle they could be legitimate (though not in my case).
>
> Many thanks,
> Tim Cole

   In any case it still shouldn't crash with an obscure error message!
   I can imagine this issue *might* have been fixed by some of our
'clamping' fixes, i.e.

https://github.com/lme4/lme4/commit/c51a142be1781520f8bd1d7bb6aee27bf4e96568

  If you have a chance it would be great if you could test with a
development version of lme4 and see if the problem goes away ...

  Ben Bolker