[R-sig-ME] Sample size calculation

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 05:04:15 CET 2014

On 14-01-02 07:42 AM, Bonitta gianluca wrote:
> Thank You for soon reply fisrt of all
>
> i have the dataset and r script maby i can send and you can help to
> prototipe the script in r ...for example
>

> for professor Ben :
>
> i had seen long power pack but i think this need repeated measure for the
> use i have not repeated measure ...do You think is possible to suite long
> power pack for my case?

  I didn't necessarily mean that you should use longpower, I was just
giving a list of packages geared toward mixed model power analysis.

> I have also try simulative way for post hoc power calculation.... but this
> yeld pap power analysis paradox... when p-value is "big" power is low ,
> when p-value is "small" ower is hight  so i prefer to determinate a priori
> power ....

  I didn't mean that you should do a post hoc power analysis (I
completely agree with you that post hoc power analysis is a bad idea!)

> thank you so much

  I just pushed an example of what I mean by simulation-based power
analysis to Rpubs: http://rpubs.com/bbolker/11703

 cheers
    Ben Bolker