[R-sig-ME] estimation of intercept in binomial glmer

Gebregziabher, Mulugeta gebregz at musc.edu
Tue Dec 3 22:35:07 CET 2013

A helpful answer to this question is on page 363 of Fitzmaurice et al (2004): Applied longitudinal analysis.
The approximate relationship between Beta_glm and Beta_glmm is given as:
Beta_glm=~Beta_glmm/sqrt(1+0.346*var(b_i))
Where b_i is the random intercept in the glmm.
Hope this helps!
Mulugeta Gebregziabher, PhD
Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Department of Public Health Sciences