[R-sig-ME] Testing Random Effects--On the Boundary

Thompson,Paul Paul.Thompson at SanfordHealth.org
Thu Nov 21 21:21:42 CET 2013

I have never heard of a rule of "dividing the p values in half". There are corrections like Bonferroni but these depend on the number of tests.

-----Original Message-----
From: r-sig-mixed-models-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-sig-mixed-models-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf Of AvianResearchDivision
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:07 PM
To: Philippi, Tom; r-sig-mixed-models at r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R-sig-ME] Testing Random Effects--On the Boundary

Hi Tom,

I have read that page.  I see there are 6 options, but I am curious about using LRT in particular and using a corrected p value, rather than other options.  I see people floating around the suggestion to divide the p value in half, but there has to be a more exact calculation maybe?  Then again, maybe not because of the nature of the issue.

Jacob