[R-sig-ME] pwrssUpdate Error with new version of lme4

Rachael Orben raorben at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 01:15:29 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am also getting the Error: pwrssUpdate did not
converge in 30 iterations when
running a binomial model in lme4 with glmer.
I updated to R 3.0.2 & lme4 due
to other errors.

I am running everything on a Mac.

I am at the beginning stages of this analysis,
so the problem could partly be my
data set which has very few individuals with
the condition 0. The error seems to
be more likely to occur if I include 3 or 4 random
effects.  Since I have few '0' individuals there
may only be one or two of them in each of
the groups modeled by the random effects.
I have tried incorporating the term control =
glmerControl(tolPwrss=1e-3), and that
doesn't always help.

Any ideas what might be causing this error?
Thanks,
Rachael