[R-sig-ME] mer summary not an S4 object??

Stuart Luppescu lupp at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 7 21:01:49 CEST 2013

Hello, I've been using code like this for a while with no problems:

total.var7 <- sum(as.numeric(summary(lme7)@REmat[,3]))

but recently when I try this I get this message:

Error: trying to get slot "REmat" from an object (class
"summary.merMod") that is not an S4 object

Can someone tell me why this doesn't work anymore?

I have figured out a way to get around this, but it's semi-clumsy; I
much prefer the original.

Thanks.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- slu <AT> ccsr <DOT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  ccsr.uchicago.edu