[R-sig-ME] glmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 13:17:40 CEST 2013

romunov <romunov at ...> writes:

> You can install the package via source (see
> http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/), e.g.:
>
> install.packages("glmmADMB",
>    repos=c("http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/repos",
>            getOption("repos")),type="source")
>
> In order to do this, you will need a full R build toolchain to compile. If
> you're on linux based OS, you should be fine, but for windows,
>  you can grab
> it here:
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/
>
> That being said, I strongly recommend upgrading to a fairly recent version
> of R. In my experience, most packages catch on quick. You can always build
> some test units to check your work for backward compatibility.
>
> Cheers,
> Roman

  At least part of the problem is in the detection/location of the
binary file . You can *try* downloading
http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/repos/bin/
  windows/contrib/3.0/glmmADMB_0.7.7.zip
[URL broken to make gmane happy, reassemble yourself]

  and see if it works.  But I have to agree with Roman that staying
on an old version of R is going to make things harder all around;
people are less likely to be willing to jump through hoops to help
you work with an old version (for example, I don't know if there
are Windows toolchain incompatibilities with old versions of R...)