[R-sig-ME] R-sig-mixed-models Digest, Vol 81, Issue 50

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Mon Sep 30 20:23:32 CEST 2013

Dear Xavier,

IMHO you should use the raw counts and the log of sampled volume as an offset. Then you are modelling densities in a correct way with e.g. a poisson or negative binomial family.

Be careful with stepwise regression. Search on the internet for 'stepwise regression' and 'harrell' and do some reading.

Best regards,

Thierry