[R-sig-ME] lme4 1.0-4 now on CRAN

Hadley Wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 20:53:44 CEST 2013

> Has the output of
>
> traceback()
>
> after this error been posted?  If not, could you do so?

We had a similar problem with Shiny - some notes I had from a chat
Winston follow:

We seem to be getting a bug related to this for some people who are using Shiny
https://github.com/wch/r-source/commit/5c97cd443058434015670f0b7af4c2a86b732e89

setRefClass calls refClassInformation calls .makeDefaultBinding calls
.setDummyField
turns out the problem was that we were distributing a package built
under 3.0.1, and users who installed under 3.0.0 had problems with
something about .setDummyField
The solution seems to be to rebuild under 3.0.0 and distribute that

So it may not be a problem with the package source.

Hadley

--
Chief Scientist, RStudio
http://had.co.nz/