[R-sig-ME] Variance structure in mixed models

v_coudrain at voila.fr v_coudrain at voila.fr
Mon Sep 23 18:09:01 CEST 2013

Yes I am interested in Pearson residuals. I had a look at MASS::glmmPQL, but I could not find the way to specify my variance structure. I thought about a second
possibility: I use the function lme, which allowes using varIdent, and I accounted for overdispersion using an individual random effect. Do you think, this is a suitable
method? I still wonder if fitting a variance structure really improves my model, because the residuals vs fitted plot looks worse.

Valérie