[R-sig-ME] pwrssUpdate Error with new version of lme4

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 16:24:41 CEST 2013

Johannes Radinger <johannesradinger at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am building binomial (logit, binary response) models with the glmer
> function of lme4.
> Today I updated to the new version 1.0-4 and now I get following errors:
> "pwrssUpdate
> did not converge in 30 iterations". In the old version the model fit was
> generally working.
> So is what can I do to make the models working again? Increase the number
> of iterations?
> Change some other settings in my model?

 [snip]

  In the cases that are failing, did you get fairly extreme
parameter estimates (e.g. |beta|>5)?  If so, then I suspect that
you're encountering the same problem as documented in

https://github.com/lme4/lme4/issues/124

As Steve Walker says, a reproducible example would help (and
would increase the priority of this issue).

  Ben Bolker